Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People
Schools, Child Care, and Colleges
CDC’s new COVID-19 Community Levels recommendations align precautions for educational settings with those for other community settings. CDC is in the process of updating this page with these new recommendations. Updates will be posted here when available.
Strategies to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and maintain safe operations in schools, child care programs, and institutions of higher education.
Protect yourself and your community by getting your COVID-19 vaccine and wearing a mask indoors in public, even if you are fully vaccinated.
Parents and Caregivers
Frequently asked questions on what your school is doing to protect your child from COVID-19.
- Testing for COVID-19 in Schools
- Toolkit for Responding to COVID-19 Cases
- COVID-19 K-12 Guidance for Classification of Clusters and Outbreakspdf iconexternal icon
- How Schools Can Support COVID-19 Vaccination
- Ventilation in Schools and Child Care Programs
- Stop the Spread of Rumors with Accurate Information on COVID-19external icon
- A Student is Showing Signs of COVID-19 and Needs to be Isolated: What Do I Do? pdf icon[327 KB, 1 page]
- Isolation and Quarantine in Early Care and Education (ECE) Programs
Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in K-12 Schools can be limited with strict implementation of layered mitigation strategies.
Printable posters and graphics developed to help you communicate COVID-19 recommendations in your school.
To find a list of content that has been archived for historical purposes, please visit our archive. Please note the content of these pages and files may be out of date as they are no longer being updated. View Archive