Important update: Healthcare facilities
CDC has updated select ways to operate healthcare systems effectively in response to COVID-19 vaccination. Learn more
Given new evidence on the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant, CDC has updated the guidance for fully vaccinated people. CDC recommends universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of vaccination status. Children should return to full-time in-person learning in the fall with layered prevention strategies in place.
The White House announced that vaccines will be required for international travelers coming into the United States, with an effective date of November 8, 2021. For purposes of entry into the United States, vaccines accepted will include FDA approved or authorized and WHO Emergency Use Listing vaccines. More information is available here.
Travel requirements to enter the United States are changing, starting November 8, 2021. More information is available here.

Accessing a COVID-19 Vaccine If You Are Homebound

Accessing a COVID-19 Vaccine If You Are Homebound

First Steps for Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine

If you are homebound and need to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or your state or local health department for information about accessing a COVID-19 vaccine. In many states, you may also dial 211 to connect to essential community services.

Other Options for Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine

If you are not able to arrange to receive a COVID-19 vaccine through your healthcare provider or through your state or local health department, try contacting groups that are advocates for people who are homebound or that provide home health services. For example, you may try calling The Aging Networkexternal icon at 1-800-677-1116 or searching for services by ZIP code with the Eldercare Locatorexternal icon. The Eldercare Locator is a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging that connects people to services for older adults and their families.

Other options include contacting the Disability Information and Access Lineexternal icon (DIAL) at 1-888-677-1199 or the hotline for Medicare recipients at 1-800-633-4227 (TTY 1-877-486-2048).

You may also try contacting private home health services, personal aides, or organizations such as Meals on Wheels. Sometimes these groups can advocate for you or inform you about the services available in your area.

How to Know If Someone Is Homebound

Homebound peopleexternal icon can include those that need the help of another person or medical equipment such as crutches, a walker, or a wheelchair to leave their home, or their medical provider believes that their health or illness could get worse if they leave their home, and they typically do not leave their home.