The following explains the process for requesting speakers from the Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) to present or speak at external meetings, conferences, and workshops.
Requests for CDRH Speakers ONLY:
To request CDRH speakers, please send your request information to the CDRH Speaker Liaison 90-120 days in advance of the date of an event within the contiguous United States, and 120-180 days in advance of the date of an event held abroad and for events held in Alaska and Hawaii.
What to Include in Your Request to CDRH:
- Name, Date, and Location of the Event
- Name of Organization(s) Sponsoring the Event
- Requestor Point of Contact (Name, Phone and Fax number, and Email)
- General Topics(s) to be Addressed and Length of Presentation
- Name of Requested Speaker (optional)
- Type of presentation requested (in-person or virtual)
- Audience and Expected Number of Attendees for the presentation
- Copy of the Invitation Letter
- Program Agenda with all Invited Speaker(s) and Topic(s) (draft acceptable)
- Specify Media Coverage (i.e., general media and/or trade press)
What Happens After Your CDRH Request Has Been Submitted?
- You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your speaker request.
- Allow a minimum of 30 business days for CDRH to process the request and provide a response.
- The appropriate office(s) within CDRH will be contacted by the speaker liaison to determine the appropriate speaker. If additional details are needed, the speaker liaison will work with the requesting organization to collect the necessary information.
- Once a determination has been made, the speaker liaison will provide the official notification of CDRH’s participation to the requesting organization.
Some factors that may be used by CDRH management in considering requests are: timeliness of the topic, availability of staff, geographical location of meeting, targeted audience, expected number of attendees, and availability of funds to cover travel costs (if necessary).
Requests for CDRH Speakers as part of an FDA (cross-agency) request for multiple speakers:
To request CDRH speakers as part of a request for multiple speakers from FDA (cross-agency requests) including requests for the Office of the Commissioner, please visit the Cross-Agency FDA Speaker Requests webpage.
For questions or additional information, please contact the CDRH Speaker Liaison.