Connect with us: Follow @FDA_Global on Twitter
The News, Speeches, and Publications page contains current information about international program activities at home and abroad.
- With 14 countries yet to vaccinate 40% of people, Americas remain most unequal region in the world in fight against COVID-19, Pan-American Health Organization, Press Release, February 2022.
- A stronger role for EMA, European Medicines Agency, Press Release, February 2022.
- Food safety: EU and US resume trade of bivalve molluscs, European Commission, Press Release, February 2022
- Gates Foundation Appoints Board of Trustees – Four New Members Join Co-Chairs Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates to Shape Foundation Governance and Increase Impact, Gates Foundation, Press Release, February 2022
- Austria gives EUR 200,000 to boost developing countries’ trade expertise via chairs network, World Trade Organization, Press Release, February 2022.
- The Future of Work is About People, not Tech: Report, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, Press Releases, January 2022
- Emer Cooke’s end-of-year message, European Medicines Agency, Press Release, January 2022
- New Food Safety Community of Practice will help share knowledge and improve practice, European Union, Press Release, January 2022
- Conference on the Future of Europe: Panel on Climate change, environment, health delivers recommendations, World Health Organization, Press Release, January 2022
- Germany gives CHF 2.8 million to help developing countries meet SPS standards, combat COVID-19, Press Release, World Trade Organization, December 2021
- Accelerating access to vaccines is an urgent priority in the face of new variants, says PAHO Director, Pan American Health Organization, December 2021
- Two decades dedicated to capacity building for health emergency preparedness and response, Press Release, World Health Organization, December 2021
- APEC’s Agenda in 2022, Press Release, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, December 2021
- Presentation by Bruce Ross for the APHA's 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting, HHS's Global Health Workforce – On the Front Lines of Health Diplomacy During the Time of COVID-19, October 2020
- Testimony by Mark Abdoo, Associate Commissioner for Global Policy and Strategy before the U.S.-China Economic & Security Review Commission, July 2019
- Remarks by Mark Abdoo at the Opening Plenary Session, Drug Information Association (DIA) China Annual Meeting, May 2019
- Remarks by Mark Abdoo at the AFDO 2018 Conference, International and Government Relations Committee Meeting, June 2018
- From a Global Perspective - Occasional thought pieces on international topics from FDA experts across the agency
- Global Updates – global news, information, events, and resources from the FDA Office of Global Policy and Strategy
- Global Regulators Envision Paradigm Shift Toward Inclusion of Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women in Clinical Research for Medicines and Vaccines, FDA Voices, July 19, 2021
- FDA’s Partnership with Mexico’s Regulators Strengthens Food Safety Protections, FDA Voices, March 17, 2021
- Equivalence: Using a Trade Mechanism to Ensure Broader Consumer Choice and Open New Markets for Molluscan Shellfish, FDA Voices, September 23, 2020
- Ensuring Patient Safety and Drug Manufacturing Quality Through Partnership with European Union Regulators, by Anna Abram, FDA Deputy Commissioner for Policy, Planning, Legislation and Analysis and Mark Abdoo, FDA’s Associate Commissioner for the Office of Global Policy and Strategy, FDA Voices, July 2019
- FDA’s Global Efforts to Protect Patients and Consumers from Unsafe Products, by Anna Abram, FDA Deputy Commissioner for Policy, Planning, Legislation and Analysis and Mark Abdoo, FDA’s Associate Commissioner for the Office of Global Policy and Strategy, FDA Voices, November 2018
- The Safe Food Imperative: Accelerating Progress in Low- and Middle-Income Countries, The World Bank, October 2018
- FDA Collaborates to Promote Safety, Quality in Clinical Trials Done in India, FDA Voices, July 2017
- FDA in India: Championing a Culture of Quality, FDA Voices, March 2017